Wednesday, July 29, 2009

do they have mailbox in heaven?

Write about losing someone close to you.

I actually cried writing this compo. I miss my grandmother so much, it hurts so bad thinking that i hadn't do what i was supposed to, say what i wanted to. I really really miss her.

She never fails to remember my birthday, what date was i coming back from singapore, and i'd visit her and she would ask if i had been a good girl, she'd laugh out loud then proceed to sing some hokkien songs. I thought she was bored or just felt like singing. Little did i know, she did those to bear with the pain in her body and just to make sure noone worried about her. My grandmother fought hard to live. She went through so much and managed to put on a brave front. She was blind, she had a collection of colourful medicine, she had to inject insulin thrice a day. I didn't realise how much i love her, until when my father broke the news to me that....she was gone. I felt so crushed and torn apart because i wasn't there with her at the last minutes of her life. I still remember she used to tell me stories on how she'd quarrel with her neighbour because he disturbed her kids and how she fought hard to raise ten kids. If it isn't for my grandmother, i wouldn't have such a great mother today. I miss her.

She told me something a few days before she was admitted to the hospital. I will never forget her last words. I'm so sorry, for being such an unappreciative granddaughter, but you still love me so much.

Can i send this compo to heaven?
Anyone knows the address?

No comments: